In our research we focus on the investigation of microbial metabolic processes in the environment and its application in biotechnology.
- Respiration with halogenated aromatics
- Evaluation of the persistence pesticides, flame retardants and antibiotics
- Anaerobic oxidation of ammonium (anammox)
- Protomics of anaerobic, slowly-growing microorganisms
- Methanogenic Archaea
- Functional annotation of microbial genomes
Details can be found on our group page at the Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research - UFZ  in Leipzig or via our publication list .